Toronto Hybrid - sometimes remote, sometimes onsite
We strive to be the data management layer of the decentralized web. We believe that making data user-centric and easy to work with gives people the opportunity to free their genius and create tools that change the world, unlocking the true potential of Web3. Source is a suite of new technologies that work together to make data interoperable. We’re empowering developers to make apps and devices that talk to each other, to allow users to truly own their data, and to secure information cryptographically to ensure trust.
Minimum expected salary: $100,000 CAD + equity
Shape the future of Web3
Decentralized applications are a fast-growing market expected to reach $368B+ by 2027 and Source is pioneering the foundational technologies to help it get there and go beyond. Source is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps people use every day. We are building the future of data management and are the first database provider to receive backing from Dwight Merriman the founder of MongoDB, the predominant cloud database and a global roster of Web3 investors. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for a product manager who is passionate about advancing the Web3 story using their product skills. This is a challenging role, working in partnership with our product designer, full-stack developer, growth marketer, and collaborating with co-founders to drive the adoption of Source technology and other products.
You'll be working on
- Collaborate with the founders to understand the product vision.
- Work with the team to understand the product vision.
- Work with users and the team to validate the product vision, or, work with users, the team, and founders to pivot the product vision.
- Discover new user needs.
- Build and manage a strategic roadmap.
- Iterate. Swing big. Fail fast. Learn fast. Iterate.
You're most likely to succeed in this role if you
- Have a passion for working on complex digital products.
- Have early startup experience.
- Have experience decomposing a product vision into a strategic roadmap.
- Have experience as a product manager or as a product owner.
- Can make pragmatic design tradeoffs, balancing features, maintainability, and delivery time.
- Experience building collaborative relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
Success in this role means
In the first month, you will join your product team and start to learn about our production systems, software development workflow, and the architecture of DefraDB and complementary technologies. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology, company, and our culture.
As our team grows you will have the opportunity to not only shape the direction of our products but work alongside the founders to shape the future of the project and Source ecosystem as a whole. We want our users to have a phenomenal experience using our product and you play a crucial role in making our products a joy to use. We also offer technical training and experienced mentorship to help you learn and grow into whatever you wish it to be.