Toronto, San Francisco, New York
We strive to be the data management layer of the decentralized web. We believe that making data user-centric and easy to work with gives people the opportunity to free their genius and create tools that change the world, unlocking the true potential of Web3. Source is a suite of new technologies that work together to make data interoperable. We’re empowering developers to make apps and devices that talk to each other, to allow users to truly own their data, and to secure information cryptographically to ensure trust.
Minimum expected salary: $55,000 USD + equity
Shape the future of Web3
Decentralized applications are a fast-growing market expected to reach $368B+ by 2027 and Source is pioneering the foundational technologies to help it get there and go beyond. Source is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps people use every day. We are building the future of data management and are the first database provider to receive backing from Dwight Merriman the founder of MongoDB, the predominant cloud database and a global roster of Web3 investors. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About the Role
As a content creator, you will be responsible for producing the articles, blogs, and content assets that will change the Web3 world. With Source as the cutting edge developer at the forefront of technology, you will be helping developers, engineers, cryptographers, and Web3 enthusiasts understand the trends, problems, solutions, and issues in the Web3 space.
The skilled content creator will produce copy that is concise, readable, backed by facts, and brimming with the excitement and opportunity that Web3 affords.
Stellar copy goes viral, and your content will be consumed and amplified by some of the most vocal personalities in the space. Your content will assert thought leadership, establish brand visibility, and position Source Network as the dominant decentralized data management ecosystem on the planet.
This role shapes the future.
You'll be working on
- White-hot, powerful, insightful articles on blockchain technology, emerging tech, decentralized apps (dApps) and data management, data privacy and interoperability, and token economics
- Content marketing strategy to amplify Source Network’s content to millions of readers
- Creating Source Network’s brand voice
You're most likely to succeed in this role if you have
- A nearly uncontrollable fascination with Web3, blockchain technology, and the ability to write about it with sizzling hot style and laser-focused accuracy.
- Familiarity with content marketing best practices, content marketing metrics, SEO, and publishing tools such as Intercom, Medium, and other CRMs
- Working knowledge of Web3, including decentralized applications, blockchain solutions, development, and cryptography
- Experience creating short-form content (e.g. social media) and long-form content for the web
- Have experience creating content with the following subject matter: decentralization, data privacy, data democratization, data interoperability, web3 data management, decentralized finance (DeFi), token economics, schema DIDs, and so on.
- 3+ years of experience writing about the technical subject matter for an audience of developers and engineers
Success in this role means
In the first month, you will join your growth team and start to learn about our systems and marketing strategy. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology, company, and our culture.
You will produce a cadence of powerful, riveting, and insightful articles on the above-mentioned topics, generate backlinks, social sharing, and syndication.
Source’s content platforms will generate massive readership, brand mentions, SEO virality, and unwavering brand authority.
A note to aspiring applicants
If you are an insanely good writer but aren’t familiar with concepts like “blockchain” or “decentralized,” this job probably isn’t a great fit, even if you are a really fast learner and a great researcher. We mean well. You’ll probably enjoy your work more if you are writing about topics you’re experienced in.
If, on the other hand, you have an insatiable and nearly obsessive interest in all things Web3 — and some serious writing chops — throw your hat in the ring. This could be good.