Toronto Hybrid - sometimes remote, sometimes onsite
We strive to be the data management layer of the decentralized web. We believe that making data user-centric and easy to work with gives people the opportunity to free their genius and create tools that change the world, unlocking the true potential of Web3. Source is a suite of new technologies that work together to make data interoperable. We’re empowering developers to make apps and devices that talk to each other, to allow users to truly own their data, and to secure information cryptographically to ensure trust.
Minimum expected salary: $80,000 CAD + equity
Shape the future of Web3
Decentralized applications are a fast-growing market expected to reach $368B+ by 2027 and Source is pioneering the foundational technologies to help it get there and go beyond. Source is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps people use every day. We are building the future of data management and are the first database provider to receive backing from Dwight Merriman the founder of MongoDB, the predominant cloud database and a global roster of Web3 investors. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for a product designer who is passionate about advancing the Web3 story using their design skills. This is a challenging role, working in partnership with our product manager, full stack developer, growth marketer, and collaborating with co-founders to drive the adoption of Source technology and other products.
You'll be working on
- Designing beautiful and easy-to-use user experiences.
- Partnering with our community, product owner, full stack developer, growth marketer, and founders on the product experience.
- Solving product design problems.
- Continuously improving user experiences.
You're most likely to succeed in this role if you
- Have a passion for working on complex digital products.
- Have experience designing beautiful and easy-to-use experiences.
- Have experience as a product designer.
- Can make pragmatic design tradeoffs, balancing features, maintainability, and delivery time
- Experience building collaborative relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the design review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
Success in this role means
In the first month, you will join your product team and start to learn about our product vision, product strategy and complementary technologies. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology, company, and our culture.
As our team grows you will have the opportunity to not only shape the direction of development of our products, but work alongside the founders to shape the future of the project and Source ecosystem as a whole. We want our users to have a phenomenal experience using our products and you play a crucial role in making them a joy to use. We also offer technical training and experienced mentorship to help you learn and grow into whatever you wish it to be.